Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Color Inspiration # 21 and SKITTLES BEADS








Here is my card for the KWernerDesign Blog Color Inspiration Challenge! I have recently been experimenting with stamping on acetate using StazOn ink and coloring it with permanent markers. It is really fun!! I used skittle beads for the background.











My friend Bonnie surprised me last week at work with a really cool new find. She calls these 'skittles'....they are like beads, but they don't have a hole in the center.




They are the perfect accent for cards and she brought me a whole stash...all sorts of beautiful colors!! These little beads are cheap and super versatile. You could buy a pack of clear and use permanent markers to change them to any color you need for a project....(metallic markers look cool too!) Check out these bugs created with the 'skittle' beads!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look like water droplets ... so nice!

Stacey Schafer said...

love the dew drops! gorgeous flower!

Karen Giron said...

I love this card - it's so unique and fresh. Gorgeous!

Kathryn said...

Very cool card -- LOVE those dew drops -- so very pretty! :)

Becky said...

Beautiful! Love those dew drops!

Anonymous said...

I love the acetate idea...I'll have to try it soon!~Donna

Savitri said...

Beautiful! Love the beads. VERY pretty!

Sharlene said...

Love it,so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and great way of storing those pretty beads!

Marlene x

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just found your blog a couple days ago and had started reading way back into your archives and moving forward! I like to read blogs from beginning to the most recent for some reason! Imagine my surprise when I read this post and went to click on what kind of bugs the beads look like and it's my blog! HAHAHAHA, small world on the WWW I think! Have added your blog to my blog list!!! I've been enjoying getting to know you and your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice content. Thank you for your information.