Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge: #22 Singing in the Rain


Yay!! I was super excited to wake up and make cards today. This challenge was the perfect thing to give me that inspirational jump start. At 8:00 a.m. it was sunny and over 75 degrees...now at almost 3 p.m. it is cloudy, windy, rain is on the horizon and it is closer to 65 degrees. The weather in Missouri is so crazy. I promise I wasn't doing a rain dance when I made this card to the rainy weather is NOT my fault. This card is inspired by the movie Singing in the Rain.

To get the swirled effect in the background, I stamped the spiral design on the inside of the card and used an embossing stylus to make the front appear raised up. Then I sanded the surface of the Twilight blue cardstock to reveal the white cardstock core.



The big daisy was stamped with Versamark and then covered with white embossing powder. This week's requirement is to add something related to water to the card, to an acetate card, to anything that shows some water-ish element to the card. I decided to use Crystal Blue organdy ribbon, a clear flower embellishment, skittles beads, and liquid glass on top of the umbrella. The little quote around the umbrella says: "Live in sunshine, it can't rain all the time." I thought this summed up the movie quite well.



Everything on this card is CTMH except the lightest blue paper, that is from Cosmo Cricket...oh, and the skittles beads....they came from a friend. Other accessories, scallop scissors, Martha Stewart punch.

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Precious card, Nellie! Love it and it's perfect for the challenge!

scrapperjulia said...

This is such a great card! If I didn't know the movie, I could look at this card and tell you what it was!

Carol Dunstan said...

gorgeous!