Monday, March 16, 2009

Post 101...


Wow, my 100th post was on Friday the 13th!! I thought it might be bad luck to celebrate that, so I will celebrate post 101! YIPPEE!! I have only been blogging since July and it is surprising how much more confident I feel about my style and abilities. I have participated in lots of challenges and spent hours researching, watching videos, looking pictures, magazines, and other blogs to learn and improve. The challenges have motivated me to create. The videos have taught me techniques and craftsmanship. The pictures give me inspiration and ideas. Blogging has improved my paper crafting ten-fold. I love it!! Last week, I mentioned that I was busy...well, I went from a Sunday to a Sunday and I didn't create anything!! So on Sunday night, I organize my craft room and made 8 cards. Yesterday I organized pictures all morning and started scrapbooking my wedding stuff. Today I will work on that a bit more and I am going to a friend's to crop.



Okay, so here is the story with these cards. I challenged myself to use scraps, and a new big letter stamp set that a friend traded me. She ordered two 2 capital letter stamp sets and she didn't know what to do with this set, so I happily took them off her hands so that I could experiment with this Close to My Heart Giggle Caps letter set. Other things on this card include a Martha Stewart butterfly and cupcake punch, CTMH rhinestones, and some buttons and shipboard that were cluttering up my scrapspace. I used mostly Desert sand ink as it matches craft cardstock perfectly.









Oh, and when I was cleaning, I found these great metal-rimmed tags....after I just ordered some new ones so I thought I would use these up too.




The blue card is a mini-3-by-3 using twilight cardstock.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I go downstairs to my space and sweat over 1 stinking card...yours look effortless and simple and soooo good.
Beautiful!