Monday, July 13, 2009

Another Christmas in July Card (for a swap!)

Okay, I have been struggling with this swap club card for a couple of weeks. I knew that I wanted to have the textured Ocean and Tulip card stock and my original plan also had the large star from 'Shining Star' as the main image on the card. When I stamped the large star, I just couldn't get it to look right so I went back to the drawing board. I already had the card bases made, stamped and distressed so I had to find something to go with my color scheme and I don't own any CTMH patterned paper that would would've really worked with those colors....so I knew I was going to need a creative solution!

Last night, I wasn't feeling super creative, but I went over to the Christmas Stampin' All Year long blog to surf for ideas. My browser stopped on a wonderful little cardinal card. (And when I say that it stopped, I mean that it froze! Something about that site makes my browser freeze every time!) Anyway, it was made using a circle punch and some felt. It was perfect!

Everything on this card is CTMH (except for the punches of course!) It was pretty easy to duplicate the cardinal on all 10 of my cards!



Enjoy! Thanks for reading!!

5 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

So cute Nellie! Love your little cardinal!

Carla said...

Great card! That bird is so cute!! And I love the non-traditional Christmas colors!

Ann said...

Oooh, LOVE this!

Penny said...

wicked cute!

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty!! I wish I can make pretty cards! i am the worst card maker ever!