Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Holiday Weekend!

Well after a camping trip was completely canceled and I realized that it was too late to plan an alternative vacation this weekend, I decided to make a list of things to accomplish around the house. Item One: Clean out my closet, removing summer and replacing it with fall....it is Sunday night and I still haven't done that yet.

Saturday I woke up feeling extremely creative. I was IN THE ZONE. I started out by organizing my craft room. I was vacuuming at 6:30 a.m. From there, I was spray painting, taking pictures, paper scraps were flying and by Saturday night I had completed a whole array of creative projects that were on my LIST. I will be posting those throughout the week so please check back!

Item two: Make a baby scrapbook gift (by Saturday the 12th) for my brother's baby's shower. Done! I spent Saturday night creating a nice baby book/photo album for the mom-to-be to add pictures as soon as the little guy gets here.









You might recognize this from the Animal Cookies CTMH workshop. This was such a cute layout and the nursery will be done in a jungle theme so I thought this would be perfect for the album.














I love the last layout!

When it comes to scrapbooking + stamping...I am all or nothing. I generally don't mix stickers and stamps on projects (letter stamps excluded). By using part of a baby book kit and a few printables for the pages, I was able to save a LOT of time. I can't imagine creating all those parts by hand. I have a couple more layouts for 'Baby's First Christmas'. I may go pick up a sticker set or if I feel like it, I will stamp some things for that. NINE two pages lay-outs in a night is pretty good. I think they will love this book.

Thanks for reading. I hope your weekend was productive!!

2 comments:

Pandascrapper said...

What a great job you did on the album. Mom and Dad will be tickled, I'm sure. Funny you should mention closets. I just sent my husband to the thrift store with 8 13 gal garbage bags full of clothes from my closet and you can't tell I moved anything. Big disappointment. Next I have to tackle his clothes. Yeah right,like that will ever happen. Enjoy the rest of your weekend/holiday.

Sarah said...

CAn't wait to see what else you created...Your little baby album is super cute!
Sorry your trip was cancelled :-(