Monday, November 2, 2009

Blogging for the Scrapbooker Class at Shimelle

Today I was browsing through a long list of posts on my google reader and I came across Shimelle.com...(one of my favorite blogs) and a new class 'Blogging For Scrapbookers' was starting today.

On a whim, I decided to sign up and give it a whirl. Not that I need another thing to do and keep up with, mostly for the inspiration and the drive to be a better blogger.

My goals include, writing better blog posts, connecting with other bloggers in a more meaningful way and using my blog as a way to inspire others to find their creative side.

Over the next three weeks, I will be studying the class notes using the class as a jump start for my mojo....I have had time the last 3 days to create...but I have just wanted to sit on the couch and watch t.v.

So, I need the motivation. I need someone to force me to tell the important stories that I am just not inspired to tell without a class or a challenge.

p.s. I subscribed to an online photo editing software picnik.com and I am completely in love with the ease in which I am able to edit, add text and modify my photos. This picture is from a photo shoot I did this weekend....I love it! I haven't ever considered myself a digi scrapbooker, but I definitely love the idea of combining text with my photos...So I am pretty sure I will be doing quite a lot of that through this class.

Hope you are having a wonderful week. The forecast looks gorgeous here for the next few days!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This all sounds SO fun! And your edited photo is stunning.
I am just now learning Photoshop and I have an OLD version...but is is fun. Don't think I could ever give up the hands on stuff though.