Monday, November 9, 2009

My mother, the rebel.

Always.

Today is her surgery. I am in the waiting room, I've been working on Christmas cards for two hours.

Before going in for her surgery, I noticed her hands. She had been instructed to remove all of her nail polish on her fingers and toes. My mother always wears nail polish.

On the ring finger of her left hand, she had two tiny dots of red polish. At first I thought maybe she had missed a spot. Upon further inspection, she had coated the two dots in clear....and I asked her about the dots.

"I am a rebel," she said.

9 comments:

helena said...

love it - your mum sounds like a great character - trust it all went well

melissa said...

what a great spirit :-) Hope the surgery went well and your mom has a comfortable recovery.

Lisa Brown said...

Sounds like a great, fun person! Hope the surgery went well.

Nadine said...

your mom is so cute!
very cool (:

yael yaniv said...

hope your mom is doing well now, and she sounds like a great lady (-:

sharyncarlson said...

Ohhh, I love this story. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Amy Pitts said...

so adorable. I would totally do that. Sometimes you just can't conform to the rules. :) Hope all is well.

Sarah said...

Hope your Mom did OK!!! I just LOVED the story about the nail polish.

Karen Wilson said...

I have to say, love the nail polish story. I'm off to read up on how your mom's surgery went!