Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine

Last week I mentioned in my Deer Karma post that I had purchased some new clothes and shoes for a girl at my school. Yesterday I was so proud and happy when she came bee-bopping into school in her new dress and new shoes and new headband...she looked absolutely happy and shiny and lovely...and proud....and it made me feel so good. Her smile was worth a million dollars....


She gave me a huge hug...and even though I told her that the clothes were from the 'teachers' she probably knows that they are from me....So she drew me this picture on the back of her art test.... 'I love you...thank you for a present'....It is a picture of her in her new dress...and the yellow bag I had brought her the clothes in...and some hearts....(*tears!)
 Even though I am counting down the days until summer...I will definitely miss this little ray of sunshine when she goes on to first grade next year....she is truly special!

1 comment:

Paige Dolecki said...

Nellie -

What a beautiful thing you did for this little girl! I'm sure her smile was all the reward you needed but just wanted to comment and let you know how much this story touched my heart.

Paige