Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How about a New Year's PHOTO Challenge?

I need to motivate myself.
I need a photo challenge.
I have another snow day--it is 4 degrees today so I won't be going out to play unless it warms up a bit.

Here is a photo scavenger hunt. 
I created this list for a class I am teaching at the local art center...so I need to try to take these shots myself so that I can instruct my students and give them tips and suggestions.


If you want to play, challenge yourself  to use your own creative style to photograph the following. Post a link in the comments, I would love to see your photos! Even if you only do 5 from the list, I want to see!


Five different red items.
A linear composition.
Three generations.
Hands.
Feet.
Hands and feet.
Mail.
Book spines. Or books lined up like dominos.
Instrument. One or more.
The horizon line.
Flower. One or more. (Its winter, be creative.)
Light filtering through tree leaves.
Sand, dirt or stone.
Crayons.
Pool.
Road sign.
Graffiti.
Food.
Spices.
Natural wonder.
Candy
Toys
An animal.
Your handwriting.
Self-portrait.
Interior.
Coffee.

Good luck and happy shooting!!

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - that's quite a list! A friend's family did a summer long photo scavenger hunt, and I'm thinking about something like that for later in the year.
In the meantime, I"m really thinking about challenging myself to one black and white and/or one portrait a week.
Rinda