Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Teacher Desk Makeover

The only thing I remember about Clarissa Explains it All (you know, that Nickelodeon show from the 90s) was how cool her bedroom was. She had the most amazing furniture and decor. Realistically, it wouldn't be very cool to decorate my entire home like a teenager's bedroom (even though my clothing is usually piled up in every room)but I have always wanted to paint a dresser or something to look like her room.

 This is a project that I have wanted to do for several years, I just haven't ever made the time for it. The design for my classroom desk was based on this basic mural painting.TIP: If you ever decide to paint wood, always use primer first. I was so anxious to get started, that I didn't want to make a special trip to buy anything, I just wanted to start. I did finish it off with a double coat of polyurethane so hopefully that will be good enough. I painted this desk with regular 'ole acrylic paint. I even painted my trashcan to match!



Here is all the owl stuff on my desk!

Favorite detail!


The work crew installed new cabinets in one corner...You can kind of see them in the 1st picture. While painting my desk, I started organizing. Then I decided to move my desk to a new spot...and move some shelves....and reorganizing. I've been to school several times this summer to finish up this project....and get things ready for next year. I will post a few more photos of my classroom once I have finished hanging up my new visuals for the year. To see shots inside my room from 2010 click here and here. Also, more photos are here and here.

No comments: